Dr. Jorge Hermida is a Medical Doctor with postgraduate studies in Public Health and International Health who serves as the Director for University Research Corporation’s programs in Latin America: Nicaragua, Honduras, Belize, Guatemala, Ecuador and Bolivia. He provides technical direction to country programs’ activities, supports country teams, coordinates with national governments and international agencies. He has worked for the Panamerican Health Organization (PAHO) and for the Central American Institute for Health and Nutrition Research in Guatemala. He has also been a consultant to UNICEF, PAHO, WHO, the World Bank. He currently concentrates his work on spreading and institutionalizing QI programs in developing countries, mainly in the areas of maternal and child health and infectious diseases, as well as in the application of QI in the context of health sector reforms.
- WEBINAR: Strengthening prenatal care to contribute to the prevention of Zika in Latin America (in Spanish)2018-06-28
- WEBINAR: Common ophthalmological findings in children with congenital syndrome associated with Zika: clinical and functional diagnosis and development milestones (in Spanish)2018-05-21
- WEBINAR: Two years on: Implications of the Zika epidemic on the health of women and newborns in the Americas, current and future challenges (in Spanish)2018-02-15
- WEBINAR: Care and support for babies and families affected by Zika: The experience of Brazil (in Spanish)2017-10-30
- Webinar: "Contraceptive services in the context of Zika in Latin America to live up to the challenge?"2017-07-25